Tuesday 9 April 2013

Music Magazine - Proposal

Proposal 


Magazine title ideas :

  • DMC 
  • 212
  • EXPLICIT
  • VATO
  • BLUEPRINT
  • NWA 
I think I will be using '212' as my magazine title because I wanted  something short and to the point but still unique and edgy.My whole aim for my magazine is to really try and capture that cool urban hip hop vide and through researching magazines like XXL, VIBE and NME I found out that the shorter titles work best. '212' really stood out to me because I think its really catchy and memorable, as well as that, it is also the title of hip hop artist Azealia Banks' debut single.She was also featured on the cover  the Aug/Sept issue of Vibe magazine along side DIPLO. As well as that, when I was researching ideas for magazine names,I also found out that  212 in an are code in Manhattan New York city.The city was given area code 212, one of the original area codes when they were assigned in 1947, because it was one of the fastest that could be dialed under NANPA's (North American Numbering Plan)  rules of the time.I find that a there lettered/numbered title is effective because the shorter it is the catchier and more memorable it is.In addition to that I find that 212 kind of has that slang or street talk vibe to it which is what I will be trying to portray within my magazine as it is aimed at the more urban and streetwise individual.

The covers that I found the most effective and eye catching to me were there ones that used the colour red within then and I feel it could work well within my magazine kind of like the way XXL have the signature red and white masthead.Red being a colour that symbolises power, passion, anger and lust it is really diverse in the way that you could use it and within my magazine it will be more of a portrayal of power, passion, strength.Although I will be trying to portray a more urban street vibe withing my magazine I still want it to look sleek and well put together and I feel like Q magazine are very good at keeping their covers very sleek and neat looking but still have that little bit of edge and toughness.




Overall I will be trying to create a magazine that combines elements from VIBE, XXL and Q magazine to create my own urban magazine for the more streetwise, tough and hip hop loving individual.Trying to balance a more sleeker neat style with a tougher, masculine touch.I will be working in A4 size so I have a lot of room to play around with the layouts and the colour scheme will mostly be monochrome with splashes of red and burgundys as it will be a winter/spring issue the colours don't need to be as bright and in your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment