Friday 19 April 2013

Evaluation Question 4&5

Who is your Target audience and how did you attract/adress you audience


My main aim for my magazine was to create something for the everyday,urban and streetwise man, that wasn't stereotypical or following current forms and conventions when it come to Hip-Hop music magazines.With my magazine being target towards a hip-hop loving, urban and streetwise audience  there are a lot of stereotypes behind the type of people who listen to Hip-Hop. Most of the time there always labelled as  troublemaking , violent criminals because of the types of backgrounds that they come from. My Idea for my magazine was targeting all those people that get stereotyped like that  but with a sleek new twist that it still relatable to  their environment and there up bringing g and a lot of that was to do with the types of artists featured in the magazine because if they recognise a certain artist its easier for someone to want to read something about someone who they know about or relate  to .

I wanted to create something current and fresh for a hip hop loving fan,and something that that was sleek and polished looking but with most of my target audience being males it mean't that I could add a tougher and more urban perspective that was n't so predictable like VIBE magazine but something that was a little bit more challenging and bold.I feel like I represented my target audience well in my magazine by using models who looked like the type of people that would read the magazine because I wanted to relateable to the everyday young man and with some of the content that is featured within my magazine it would definatley be more of some between the age of 16-25 as I feel they are the people that have the time to read magazines.I made sure their needs were met but featuring easily recognisable artists in my magazine but the fresh new twist was they get a stripped back version that is more raw and not so glitz and glam like what some current magazines do.As well as that I also added content like style tips, music suggestions,tour and events calendar and music tips on anyone who is interesting in making their own music as I feel my reader will 

No comments:

Post a Comment