Friday 19 April 2013

Music Magazine Front Cover

Final Draft of the Front Cover




This is the final draft of my music magazine, taking inspiration from magazine such as XXL,SPIN,VIBE and Q I was really inspired by their bold and graphic covers.When I started the research process for my magazine my main focus was my target audience and making sure my magazine would capture the type of person who would be reading this and with it be steered towards a more urban individual, I really tried to make it edgy and bold but still very sleek and minimal whilst still having that tough street vibe.The colour scheme was kept to a very strict red and black which reminded me a little bit of the gangs in america who wear coloured bandannas to represent their gang and that idea was what I was trying to get across, in a sense that my reader (an urban, tough  and streetwise individual) would recognize the colours and immediately know its '212' ,so my main focus was to make it as eye catching and graphic as possible.The masthead was inspired by XXL,SPIN and Q magazine who all user the white text in a red box format but I wanted to give a little twist so I tilted it so its vertical and I think this added a really nice touch and gave the magazine a nice flow which makes it easier to read.

My whole aim was to try and keep it quite sleek and minimalistic so I really tried to little the amount of cover lines but limiting the coverlines, it mean't that they might not stand out as much as I wanted them to so mimicked the same format I used in the masthead for the coverlines to make them standout and by only using  Popular well know urban Hip-Hop artists it would entice my reader into wanting to read more and see the articles.Focusing a lot on attention to detail, I really wanted to make sure every aspect of the cover was a strong as the next, therefore, when taking the images for the cover I made sure my model gave that tough, and care free urban vibe with his arms crossed and legs relaxed and the snapback was just a little touch of street-wear and an easily recognizable item that my readers might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment