Tuesday 9 April 2013

MAGAZINE COVER ANALYSIS

                          Music Magazine Cover Analysis

Vibe Magazine was one of my main inspirations for my Music magazine.I started with researching a lot of music magazines and I started to think about the things that I liked about each cover.Vibe was one of the few that I felt really went will with how I wanted my magazine to look.This cover really stood out to me because overall a lot of the elements that are on the cover I really liked.The cover overall is really sleek and polished but it still has an urban raw edge and that's partly because of the main image.The main image is of international Hip Hop artist Lil Wayne, known for his very out spoken and explicit lyrics and I feel the tried to portray his personality within the image.The angle of the shot suggest that we the audience are slightly looking up at him which could suggest that he is in control or that he has the power which is a little bit intimidating, highlighted by the fact that the decided show all his tattoos makes him look even more scary and the sunglasses at that rock star edge, you could almost imagine him in that outfit walking off the set of one of his music videos.The main coverline ' Weezy still Hip Hop's leading man' really ties in the main image as well and the use of the rhetorical question as a cover line doesn't give much away almost invites you to want to read more know the full story .The colour pallete was very minimal and tone down on this cover and I feel like that was just to keep the attention on the image as its the main focal point for the cover.I feel like its lack of bright colours that keep this cover from not looking to over the top, the simplistic nature of ti is what keeps it very sleek and polished .

No comments:

Post a Comment