Friday 19 April 2013

DOUBLE PAGE SPREAD ANALYSIS


Double Page Spread inspiration 



My double page spread will focusing on trying to capture the essence and mood of the whole magazine and the artist being interviewed.I really want it to feel as if the audience are getting an up close and personal or an insight into the life of the person that's being interviewed and the key to that will be keeping the question interesting and fresh so it feels as if they a getting to know a side of the artists that has never been written about before.The whole idea of my magazine is to have that cool,underground urban vibe but still very sleek and polished and I think the attention will be an important factor in trying to balance the two together so I will be concentrating on trying to capture that within the images, colour schemes, text and font.






I started with looking at several double page spread from different genres but I was especially looking out for the spreads that I felt captured the essence of my magazine and the ones I feel would work in my magazine as well.Magazines like Q, XXL, SPIN, NME and VIBE were among a few that I found inspiration in.As well as that, I felt that language choices and style of writing within the spreads was a really important factor in capturing the mood of the person and the magazine as a whole and with looking at different magazine I started to see that Magazine like VIBE and XXL, who target a more urban audience would have different language choices and different style of writing to magazines like NME or KERRANG who have a more rock and punk influenced audience.

 

                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment